For All Seasons
This home is located in the heart of Old Palo Alto and evokes the lifestyle of a modern farmhouse, a great lodge, and a restful resort near the many amenities of town. Designed by Fergus Garber Architects in 2000, it is a home for all seasons, set on a rare half-acre lot featuring majestic oaks, fruit trees, flower and vegetable gardens, and a variety of quiet meditative spaces. Its beauty and unique style have been captured in numerous publications and been featured in the annual Gamble Garden Spring tour.
The California rhythm of indoor/outdoor living includes a sparkling oversized pool area perfect for relaxing weekends. Charming balconies overlook the generous landscaped grounds. Spacious interiors are enhanced by reclaimed chestnut floors, hand hewn beams and stonework details giving the home an organic, modern, and rustic feel. The gracious home with its bespoke details is lovely for entertaining and easy family living providing a turnkey desirability and style rarely seen. The expansive kitchen and family room with large sandstone fireplace are sure to bring years of enjoyment. This first time on the market property is considered to be one Palo Alto’s loveliest homes.
3 Full Baths
3 Half Baths
±5,575 Square Feet
- Walter Hays Elementary,
- Frank S. Greene Jr. Middle
- Palo Alto High
Buyer to verify eligibility
+/- 20,000 Square feet
Detached 2-Car Garage
±729 Square Feet
- Reclaimed wood beams
- Custom-made windows and doors
- Custom mill work
- Recessed lighting
- Reclaimed chestnut flooring
- Fireplace with custom concrete hearth by Sonoma Cast Stone in living room
- Library with fireplace made with hand-stacked river stones and wood beam mantle
- Dining room with easy access to kitchen and back patio
- Kitchen equipped with professional-grade Wolf, SubZero, and Bosch appliances
- Breakfast area with sunny exposure and built-in banquet seating
- Mud room adjacent to porte cochere
- Custom-designed balustrades
- Teak balcony with seating area overlooking pool and gardens
- Primary suite with fireplace, private balcony, walk-in closet, and en suite bathroom
- Laundry room
- Study that can be repurposed as a bedroom
- Wood shingle and board and batten siding
- Wood shake roof
- Copper gutters
- Manicured landscaping with mature trees on the yard’s perimeter for privacy
- Fences and gates handmade by Jon McAllister
- Generous front porch with teak decking and custom-designed balustrades
- Driveway with automatic gate
- Multiple entertaining and sitting areas
- Patio with fireplace made with hand-stacked river stones
- 20’x40’ heated, salt-water pool
- 2-car garage with motor court, bonus area, and powder room adjacent to pool area
OLD PALO ALTO
Old Palo Alto is arguably the best address in all of Silicon Valley, with many of the tech elite making it their home. Exclusive and distinct, it is a quiet enclave of tree-canopied streets, lush lawns and a mix of luxury estates and charming, smaller homes. Centrally located and close to top-rated schools, restaurants, cafes, and shopping, as well as Stanford University. Positioned between San Francisco and San Jose, its residents can full advantage of all that living in the Bay Area has to offer.
PALO ALTO, CA
Palo Alto is one of the world’s great centers for technology and innovation. Whether it’s venture capital, computers, telecommunications, social networking, or biotech, Palo Alto is the engine that turns ideas into reality. Located halfway between San Francisco and San Jose, Palo Alto is the place in Silicon Valley where everything seems to happen. Unlike their more suburban neighbors, Palo Alto residents enjoy the opportunity to stay connected to the pulse, while still maintaining a sense of seclusion and privacy.
As a hub of innovation, Palo Alto has a gravity that naturally draws influential people and ideas to its center. Even those who live outside the city’s borders are drawn to its myriad restaurants and bars as meeting places for business and socializing. With Palo Alto’s low-key, accessible attitude, you never know who you might run into or what connections you will make here.
In keeping with its foundation as a center for learning and innovation, the city is home to Stanford University as well as some of the most highly regarded public schools in the country. Most Palo Alto children attend their neighborhood public school.
Silicon Valley is a leading hub for high-tech innovation and development. Historically, it produced technological wonders by companies that defined the high technology industry, beginning with semiconductor businesses and research groups. These companies, anchored by Stanford University, formed an ecosystem in which later innovators could thrive: Hewlett-Packard, Apple, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, and many more. Thousands of start-up companies currently call Silicon Valley home.
Sign up with your email address to be the first to know about our newest listings and exclusive offers.